Are you in the situation where a regular power supply system, by meaning of cables, is not preferred or even impossible? Then Straatman has the solution!
We have developed a sustainable power supply system based on solar panels to power our capstans which are integrated in our quick release mooring hook units. The use itself of solar panels is not that innovative, but in this application particularly revolutionary. Straatman was the first company in the world that supplied quick release mooring hook units with integrated capstans powered by solar panels, to be used on mooring dolphins.
For applications in hazardous areas, such as LNG or Oil & Gas terminals, we can supply explosion proof solar panels. Fully certified according latest ATEX and IECex guidelines.
Benefits of Straatman Solar Systems
The use of our solar systems can and will lead to convincing benefits:
- reduction of lead time during construction of dolphins and berths;
- damages to cables caused by anchors are history;
- expensive and risk-full cable laying on the sea or port bottom is history;
- low maintenance costs;
- reduction of energy costs;
- environmental contribution;
- fits perfectly in the vision of sustainability.
Are you interested in our solar solutions? Just go to the contact page and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Straatman Solar Systems
Impression of a quick release mooring hook project executed by Machinefabriek L. Straatman B.V. from Zwijndrecht in The Netherlands. Showing our quick release mooring hooks at breasting dolphins with integrated capstans powered by solar panels, which are both explosion proof, certified in conformance with ATEX and IECex guidelines.
In addition to the design and supply of a solar system to power our capstan, we can supply a wide range of options. In order to increase safety of both mooring operators and vessel berthing operations, the following components can be integrated in our solar system:
- working lights to lighten the working area of the operators;
- navigation lights to mark the berths (in conformance with IALA normatives);
- an integrated data system for logging relevant data;
- a webbased software solution to monitor e.g. the actual available power;
- all components can be supplied as explosion proof components, certified according to ATEX or IECex guidelines.
Recent Solar Solutions Projects