FPSO QUICK RELEASE HOOKS
Based on our “standard” quick release mooring hook we have developed a special design used for FPSO’s (or other offshore vessels). Most common safe working load (SWL) for FPSO hooks is 200 or 250 tons. On request we can design and produce hooks for even higher capacities.
The Straatman FPSO hook is mostly executed as a single hook configuration, integrated with a bracket or foundation to be mounted a deck surface. This can be done by either welding or bolting.
The standard FPSO hooks is designed as a fixed (non-swiveling) configuration, which is able to withstand limited sideway loads. Certain circumstances will require a swiveling hook, which is included in our delivery program as well.
Basic features of our FPSO quick release hook:
- SWL: 200 or 250 tons;
- Release: manual and automatic;
- Automatic release from a local panel, which is integrated in our hydraulic power pack;
- Remote controlled release system from a control panel;
- Integrated load pin;
- Remote controlled mooring load monitoring and logging system, integrated in de control panel;
- All components are certified according to ATEX or IECEx, in order to meet the requirements of hazardous environments.
Recent FPSO hook projects