STEEL PLATE BALL JOINTS
In our workshop we fabricate a wide range of ball joints to connect floating pipelines and other constructions.
With an experience of more than 45 years and continuous product development we meet the requirements of our customers worldwide. Since the introduction of our ball joint we have gained a worldwide reputation for strength and reliability.
Our standard ball joints have a maximum swivel angle of 20°, free rotating and full nominal passage in the maximum angle position. The rubber seals are seawater and oil resistant.
Our complete range of steel plate ball joints can be delivered in many sizes. The ball joints are made of cold deformed steel plates. Because of the cold deformation of the steel, the surface hardness of the material increases. This results in a reliable and solid product, which can be used in many circumstances.
The ball-joint exists of three main parts:
- female part
- male part
- retaining ring, which locks the male in the female part.
For inside pipe diameters: ø 300 – ø 1.000 mm.
Maximum swivel angle male part: 20° (standard)
Turning angle: > 360°
Maximum operating pressure: 10 Bar (standard)
Since 1965 we have produced thousands of steel plate ball joints and delivered them all over world. In addition to our wide range of standard designs we can offer the following options:
- alternative swivel angles;
- higher operating pressures;
- customized flanges on female and male part;
- customized connections on female and male part for direct welding on pipes;
- liners in male and/or female part;
- wear resitant liners.
Our steel plate ball joints can be used in several situations and are suitable for the following applications:
- connection between floating pipe lines;
- connection bewteen pontoons;
- ship to shore connection;
- side discharge connections;
- connection between pipe lines on mountainous or hilly terrains.
Recent ball joint projects